Wednesday, July 11, 2007

So much to write, so little time

So, TONS has happened since my last blog.

Trevor first: He had his last day of school at Sowers Middle School. It is a little sad to be leaving that school. They served Trevor well and he felt like he didn't have much time to really make a difference there. I am sure many parents and kids do not feel that way. When he left many of them were so thankful to Trevor for making math interesting and fun.

He also started off on Camp High Places California Adventure Tour #1. He left June 29 in our new Suburban and Dad's truck packed to the gills, and our three amazing staff members. All from the Midwest. ON WISCONSIN! He will be back this Sunday just in time for our friends Heather and Dane's wedding. Check out the blog at http://catoursession2.blogspot.com/ for all the info. They are having tons of fun!

Now Amy: I said goodbye to Evangelical Free Church Huntington Beach on June 24. It was a sad parting, but we all know this is a step forward. We had a great time at the Going Away picnic, and had a chance to thank all the people that served with me. I couldn't have done so much or learned so much without the help I had.

Aidan and I, and Mom drove north to meet up with Trevor and the Kids in Half Moon Bay. We really made a vacation out of it by taking our sweet time and of course stopping at almost every Outlet Center along the way. Aidan didn't like the car so much so we had to make a lot of stops and stay over in places we had not planned. We also went to stay with Nathan and Kristi and the kids for a day and had a great time. It is so much fun to have seen all the kids together. We will be able to have that a lot very soon.

And finally the man himself, Aidan: not only did he go on "The Great Outlet Adventure of 2007" with Mom and I, he also had his 6 month check up. I am amazed with all he has done in the past 2 months. He now rolls all over the floor. He has 2 teeth. And he mimics the word "Hi" to you when he is in an especially good mood. He did it yesterday for the ladies in the pharmacy. They were floored, and they kept trying to get him to say more. Unfortunately at 6 mos, even "Hi" is a lot to ask. I also started him on solid food. He eats rice cereal mixed with bananas and sweet potatoes. He doesn't really like the cereal by itself, so I mix it with the sweet potato. He really keeps us laughing with all the funny things he does. He loves to bounce in his exersaucer and roll. He also likes to laugh, big belly laughs. Trevor and I are so proud of him! He is just growing and changing perfectly. Oh, he is in the 75% for height, weight and head circumference. Not too big, not too small, just right.

Stay posted for the pictures of all this stuff to come. I don' t have my computer, so I will have to post them after Saturday.

Love you all!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I loved your journal about our trip. It really was so much fun!

Love you, Mama