Monday, September 08, 2008

Here's What You've Been Waiting For


When we went to Mom and Dad's for the weekend, Aidan came home with a new "do". I think he likes it. It is definitely much cooler. He doesn't wake up from naps so sweaty. I like it because I can spike it up and make it fun.


Aidan is like his Daddy in so many ways. This is Trev winding down after work. Aidan doesn't mind, he loves Sonic the Hedgehog.

Now that school is back in full swing, we are in a little more of a normal schedule. I have started singing in church 2 times a month. I love being on the the praise team. It is a great group of people, led by a godly leader. We have a great time on Wednesday nites and Sunday mornings. It is still Freakin' hot outside in the afternoon, so it does get a little boring around here. It is too hot to go outside very often. We are definitly ready for fall. We have a busy schedule this fall though. We have a wedding to go to in October in Oregon, Mary moved to Colorado so I am visiting her in October, too, and we are planning on going to Mom and Dads for Thanksgiving.

Oh, and Mom and Dad shipped my Piano up here to Ione, and we are having a wonderful time with it. Aidan LOVES music, so he plays ("fingers only") and then stops to look at us so we can all clap. I am practicing a little a day, so hopefully soon I can feel a little more comfortable and start offering some voice lessons out of the house. I have been keeping my voice in shape and have really been craving singing lately, so this would be a natural progression for me.

Oh, and if I remember, I need to post a video of Aidan praying. Before every meal he folds his little hands and looks down. After we say "amen" he gives us a big smile and claps. It is so normal now, Trevor and I find ourselves wanting to clap after we pray in church. It makes us laugh and praise God for this little boy he has given us.

3 comments:

Jo said...

I would love to find a church and get back into the worship team too. I am hopeful that I can do that soon.

After we pray, Lacy always shouts, "Hallelujah! I feel the Holy Spirit!" Funny the things that become a new normal.

Anonymous said...

Aidan's hair is getting red! I love it!

Also, I am SO glad that Amy and Aidan are keeping up the piano playing. Daddy and Aidan are keeping up the computer playing!

It's ALL good!

Love, Mama/Grandma

Anonymous said...

amy
good to see new stuff on the blog. We all keep up with things from the blog here in Ireland. lots of love to aiden from uncle kevin.