Sunday, September 14, 2008

The Shack

I just finished one of the most interesting and thought provoking books I think I have read in a long time. It is called "The Shack," hence the title of this posting. It has given me a reason to think on the basic principles of my Christian beliefs. First, who does God say He is? Second, where do I fit into the relationship with God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit? WOW!

Pick up the book for yourself and think on these things with me. But, as you read, remember to go to the source when you have a question. The bible is the authority on these questions, and as I read the book, verses kept coming to mind and questions that turned me to Gods word would pop up. I have read it once to get the story and after I take a short break from it I intend to go back through and pull out more information I could not collect the first time through.

So, join this journey with me. What a great thing when artists (writers) turn you to the Bible to think on your relationship with God!

No comments: