Saturday, October 04, 2008

Superwoman

(click on title above to hear the song)
I don't always respond this way to what I call "girl power" songs, but this one caught my attention. The reason being is in the chorus that is repeated over and over.
Even when I'm a mess
I still but on a vest
With an "S" on my chest
Women have this unique talent to hide the truth with an "S" on their chest. It is a badge of pride, but it is also what holds us back. Back from true friendship, back from honesty with our husbands, back from taking our true humble position before God.
So ladies, lets stand with pride with our "S's" in place, knowing really what those "S's" mean. We can't do it all, and we need God and each other to help us through. Maybe the "S" should stand for surrender. That should give you something to think about.

No comments: