Friday, October 03, 2008

Knead Not Sourdough

(Click on above title to go to receipe)

So, many of you do not know, but I love to bake. Especially bread. So far this is the easiest bread receipe i have found, and it is delicious. It is VERY crusty. I make it often because with good bread being so expensive, I might as well make my own.
This is the shaggy mess of bread before the 19 hour rise.


And this is the final product. I make this in my Le Cruset dutch oven, and it works GREAT! I use a lot of corn meal to keep it from sticking to the towels and the dutch oven. Mmmmm, just thinking of this bread makes my mouth water.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I want some

Jo said...

I had my sourdough moment too. I cultivated my little recipe, day in and day out. When it was time I put that little fella in the oven... out came a TWO POUND BRICK. That was the end of my bread making.

Anonymous said...

I printed out your recipe...I will probably let you do the baking....however, when we are at your house, I'm sure looking forward to slathering a big, hot piece with butter!

Mama